Jack is an astute Commercial Litigation Lawyer adept at resolving complex commercial disputes, with a focus on Professional Negligence, Building & Construction, Employment and Insolvency related claims.
Senior Associate Solicitor
Jack is a key member of our Commercial Litigation team. He has a wealth of experience in relation to a range of areas including; commercial and home building disputes, security of payment adjudications, professional negligence and defamation actions, workplace and unfair dismissal claims and insolvency related claims.
He has appeared in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), the Local, District, and Supreme Courts of NSW, the Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court and the Fair Work Commission.
Jack is also a member of our Business & Company Law team and assists clients in relation to Business Structures & Restructuring, drafting Shareholder Agreements, Employment Contracts and other Commercial Agreements, Sales of Shares, Sales of Business, Corporate Insolvency and the preparation of standard form contracts and Terms & Conditions of Trade.
Jack is very much an advocate for our proactive approach to assisting businesses to identify and address legal issues and supports our Directors of Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory to support clients and strengthen their businesses.
Whilst Jack does assist individuals resolve personal claims, his practice is primarily focused on assisting businesses by resolving complex commercial disputes swiftly and implementing strategies and legal solutions designed to avoid or reduce the impact of them in future.
Who Jack works with
Jack works with a broad variety of companies, business owners, builders, contractors, and individuals, including: –
- Those that have suffered loss or damage through the carelessness of others, in professional negligence claims against Lawyers, Accountants and other professionals;
- Parties to contract disputes, in relation to issues including the existence and enforceability of contracts, breaches of contract, repudiation, contractual interpretation and damages;
- Principals, builders, subcontractors and homeowners in relation to:
- Contract disputes, administration and interpretation;
- The recovery of progress claims, the service of Payment Claims and Payment Schedules and Adjudication Applications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW); and
- The enforcement of statutory warranties under the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW);
- Employers and employees in relation to unfair dismissal and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission;
- Employers and employees in relation to their workplace rights and obligations, including drafting Employment Agreements, workplace relations, the enforcement of restraints of trade, redundancy and employees’ workplace rights;
- Liquidators and private and corporate clients in various insolvency-related proceedings including in relation to unfair preferences and other voidable transactions, and public examinations;
- Company directors in relation to their duties as directors, and potential personal liability for breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (including their involvement in breaches of duties by others);
- Individuals and eligible corporations in claims for defamation and injurious falsehood respectively;
- Commercial clients, advising on terms of trade, supply contracts and various commercial transactions.
Jack seeks to give advice that is considered, strategic and realistic, and which takes into account his clients’ broader interests, to ensure that disputes are either prevented, or managed cost effectively as they arise.
Jack is committed to ensuring his clients feel supported throughout the course of their dispute by explaining legal concepts and procedural issues to clients in simple terms, to allow them to make considered and informed decisions.
Jack has a background in engineering and motorsport and is able to quickly understand both technical and legal issues at the heart of a matter. His attention to detail and thorough forensic approach enables him to secure the best possible outcome for each client.
Jack has a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP) from the College of Law.
Jack is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Outside of work, Jack enjoys spending time with his friends and family, cycling and playing soccer. He’s had a passion for motorsport since a young age and is a loyal (and long suffering) Newcastle Knights and Carlton supporter.