George specializes in complex business and property transactions and has considerable experience assisting owners of multi-million-dollar franchises.
George is a Senior Solicitor with over 20 years' experience in business and company law, property law, commercial leasing and advanced estate planning. He is friendly, knowledgeable and reliable.
Before joining Roberts Legal, George was a partner for 12 years of a mid-size Newcastle based law firm where he gained considerable experience representing small and large businesses, property developers and landlords.
George regularly advises and assists SMEs and not for profit organisations in relation to compliance, structuring, Shareholder Agreements, governance, business succession planning and contracts for strategic projects including the preparation, negotiations and enforcement of contract terms.
He is also highly experienced in relation to commercial and property transactions having acted for vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants in relation to a range of matters including:
- A multi-million-dollar sale of business involving 15 multi-franchised dealerships and commercial leases to a multinational corporation,
- Sales of businesses including hotels, motor vehicle dealerships, pharmacies, childcare centres, restaurants and cafes,
- Agreements for Lease and Leases of shopping centres and multi-tenanted commercial and industrial premises,
- Preparing and negotiating a multi-million-dollar contract for a Coal Washing Preparation Plant,
- Commercial and residential property conveyances in New South Wales and Queensland,
- Complex loan facility, mortgage and personal property security agreements, and
- Establishing Unit Trusts and drafting Unitholder Agreements as vehicles for property investing.
George also has experience in relation to commercial litigation and dispute resolution. In 2009 he acted in relation to a multi-million-dollar claim in the Supreme Court of NSW against an international mining company.
Who George works with
George works with a variety of corporate and individual clients, property developers, property investors, financiers, SMEs and NFPs.
He has a loyal following of clients that extends across generations, with George having assisted them and their families with property and commercial transactional matters and estate planning.
George is committed to ensuring his clients feel supported and informed throughout the whole transaction. Crystal clear communication, both written and verbal, and attention to detail are central to George’s approach.
George was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2000 after completing a Diploma in Law through the Legal Practitioners Admission Board.
He is also admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia.
George enjoys fishing and spending time with his family and granddaughter. He is a loyal Newcastle Knights follower.