Angus is a Commercial & Corporate Lawyer with large law firm experience who enjoys working closely with his clients to achieve their goals for enterprise growth.
Angus Ferguson is a Commercial & Corporate Lawyer with top-tier law firm experience in drafting commercial agreements, business sales and mergers, employment law, commercial leases, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Originally from Sydney, Angus attended St Joseph’s College at Hunters Hill before completing a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie University.
Before joining Roberts Legal in 2020 Angus worked in Sydney with a top-tier firm as part of a large corporate and commercial team.
Angus has acted for clients across multiple industries, from multi-national organisations to small and medium-sized entities as well as sole traders and start-ups. He is equipped to provide advice in the areas of Hospitality including liquor licensing, commercial litigation, employment and industrial relations, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, commercial and retail leases, share sales and other commercial transactions, corporate law, insolvency and restructuring, taxation and consumer law.
Angus’ recent experience includes:
- Acting for owners in the hospitality industry who were harshly affected by the liquor licence reform which directly impacted the “Darlinghurst/Surry Hills area”.
- Advising domestic and international clients on all aspects of the commercial transaction process. Of note, he attended due diligence investigations where he worked as part of a team acting for the purchaser in the successful acquisition of an international engineering company valued at ~$10 million.
- Completing employee incentive plan work for renowned multinational corporations with employees based in Australia.
- Drafting and reviewing a diverse range of commercial agreements, including employment agreements, reseller, master services and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial property transactions, long term leases and licences.
- Successfully registering a US foreign-owned public company as a charity and public benevolent institution with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
- Advising on directors’ duties, contract negotiation and general commercial, and corporate governance.
I am passionate about working and developing relationships with local small and medium-sized businesses as well as sole traders across a diverse range of industries, whether it be a long-standing family business or an innovative sole trader starting up.
Angus has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University.
Prior to his admission Angus completed a clerkship at Lee & Lyons Lawyers (merged with Clyde & Co in 2016) in December 2012, where he continued as a paralegal until the conclusion of his studies.
He was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in December 2014.
He is currently undertaking a Masters of Applied Law (Majoring in Business Law and Transactions), at the College of Law.
Angus enjoys. reading modern history, trail running and rugby, which he played at a suburban level until injury finally took its toll.
While he is passionate about developing relationships with clients in the Newcastle area, he boasts he will be remaining an avid Parramatta Eels follower.