This is the single most important document in the package. The primary purpose of the Quotation, Order form and Credit Application is to ensure the effective incorporation of the these terms and conditions into the contract with the Customer.
We will prepare customised terms dealing with your industry and business specific risks and problems you have experienced in the past. Our Terms & Conditions of Trade will also include the following clauses and more:
- Progress Claims – confidently issue valid Payment Claims under the Building & Construction Industry Security of Payment Act, where applicable.
- Personal Guarantees – protect yourself from insolvent Customers.
- Real Property Security – obtain security for payment over land owned by the Customer and Guarantor.
- Personal Property Security – obtain and enforce security over personal property under the new Personal Property Securities Act.
- Collection Costs & Interest – don’t be left out of pocket the next time you need to engage a debt collector or take enforcement action.
- Default, Termination & Suspension – be certain when you are entitled to suspend or terminate a contract.
- Defects Liability Period & Limitation of Liability – limit your liability to the extent permissible at law.
- Dispute Resolution – avoid costs associated with litigation, where possible.
Depending on the nature of your business our Terms & Conditions of Trade are typically 2-3 pages long. We will also deliver a long form version of the Terms & Conditions of Trade to make available to Customers who find it difficult reading fine print.