A Specialist Virtual In-House Legal Counsel Solution for Directors Managing Rapid Growth, Transformation or Restructuring.
Imagine your business’ potential with both proactive and on-demand expert legal support aligned with your strategic objectives and delivered by a team of specialist virtual in-house counsel for a fixed monthly fee. Growing businesses often struggle to deal with legal issues as they arise and/or rely on general counsel rather than specialised in-house counsel to try to control their legal investment and manage legal issues related to their growth.
Virtual In-House Counsel Legal Support & Advisory
Our Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory Team are passionate about working with innovative and growing SME’s to collaboratively execute strategic projects and deliver sustainable enterprise growth. We develop a genuine partnership to deliver a solution tailored to suit our clients’ needs and business objectives.
By getting to know our clients and understanding their businesses we can:
- proactively identify legal issues and develop risk management strategies that act as foundations for executing enterprise growth or project success, and
- maintain an on-demand virtual in-house counsel relationship that ensures our clients have expert advice and support in relation to legal issues as they arise
We can provide on-demand legal support, advice and legal services in relation to a range of corporate, commercial and workplace matters on the basis of a flexible month-to-month retainer.
This flexible bespoke solution has been developed to meet demand from clients experiencing rapid growth. It aims to ensure that innovative and growing SMEs have regular and on-demand access to quality legal advice and legal services from a range of specialist lawyers depending on their legal needs from time to time, while remaining within the monthly budget that works for their business.
Flexible Month-to-Month Fixed Fee Retainer
Our virtual in-house counsel solution is underpinned by a flexible relationship with open communication and a common pursuit of success and value.
We will tailor our level of service to suit your company’s legal needs and budget both initially and as circumstances change.
The initial level of legal support and associated fee will be assessed and agreed after a complimentary discovery meeting to further understand your business, short and long-term objectives, strategy and existing legal needs.
Our monthly legal support will typically include:
- daily on-demand direct access to a specialist virtual in-house counsel for advice and support in relation to corporate, commercial and workplace legal issues,
- ongoing progress of legal work in pursuit of prioritised legal issues, matters and projects,
- monthly meetings to address new legal issues, review legal matters and strategies and provide progress updates on ongoing legal work (boardroom, in office or video conferencing available), and
- attendance at strategic meetings, project planning, board meetings etc to ensure appropriate consideration of legal needs and successful execution of plans.
By fixing the cost of proactive and on-demand legal support our clients have found that:
- they are more likely to seek legal advice and assistance as issues arise,
- they make important decisions and react to situations quicker and with greater confidence,
- they avoid costly mistakes and delays,
- they are empowered to execute strategic plans and achieve enterprise growth,
- they are more able to manage their company’s legal needs within an approved budget, and
- they are more able to achieve regular ongoing profits and manage cash flow.
How We Help - Specialist Services
- Advice & Support for Strategic Planning & Executive Decision Making
- Transformation Planning & Execution
- Legal Foundation Alignment for Enterprise Growth
- Risk Evaluation & Management Strategies
- Contract Negotiation & Support for Strategically Important and Complex Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product & New Market Development
- Directors’ Duties & Responsibilities
- Corporate Governance
- Constitutions & Board Charters
- Directors Meetings & Resolutions
- Shareholder Meetings
- Deeds of Access, Indemnity & Insurance
- Corporate Regulatory Compliance
- Finance & Capital Raising
- Share Transactions
- Business Success Planning
- Structuring & Restructuring
- Asset Protection & Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Corporate Insolvency, Restructuring & Safe Harbour
Strategic Agreements & Transactions
- Shareholder Agreements
- Funding & Security Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Head Contracts, Subcontracts & Supplier Agreements
- Credit Management & Terms of Trade
- Exclusivity Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Complex Transactions
Industrial Relations & Employment
- Executive Employment Agreement
- Employment Agreements & Policies
- Compliance & Interpretation of Awards
- Industrial Relations, Enterprise Agreements & Union Relations
- Employee Performance Management & Termination
- Management of Injured Workers & Workers Compensation Claims
- Internal Workplace Investigations
Work Health & Safety
- WHS Advice & Compliance
- WHS Managements Systems Review & Audits
- Workplace Health & Safety Training
- Incident Management & Safety Regulator Investigations
- Regulator Prosecutions & Enforcement Actions
- Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Building & Construction Law
- Contract Administration Support
- Security of Payment Claims, Adjudication & Enforcement
- Debtor Management & Recoveries
Real & Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Protection & Enforcement
- Brand Protection
- Commercial Property Acquisitions, Sales & Development
- Commercial & Retail Leases
Meet The Team
With our virtual in-house counsel solution, your business will have direct access to one of our Directors of Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory as well as a number of Senior Lawyers.
Amanda was admitted as a Solicitor in 2011. She is a Director of Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory and head of Corporate & Commercial Law.
Amanda’s practice focuses on providing timely corporate and commercial advisory services as a virtual in-house Counsel to growing SMEs.
She is highly experienced in relation to a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Finance from The University of Newcastle.
Sam was admitted as a Solicitor in 2001.
He is 1 of only 3 Law Society Accredited Specialists in Commercial Litigation in the Newcastle, Central Coast and Hunter Valley regions.
Sam is an expert in commercial and construction dispute resolution, business law and corporate insolvency. He assists businesses to resolve disputes quickly and also acts as virtual in-house Counsel for the development of risk management solutions and strategies to support enterprise growth.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (Management Accounting) from The University of Newcastle.
Jeremy was admitted as a Solicitor in 1997.
He is a nationally recognised expert in Industrial Relations Law and Work Health & Safety Law.
His expertise makes him the go to lawyer for many large corporates for complex employment issues, serious workplace incidents and WHS compliance.
He holds a Diploma of Law through the Legal Admission Board, Sydney University Law Extension Committee, a Masters in Human Resource Management and a Masters of Business Administration from The University of Newcastle.
Felicity was admitted as a Solicitor in 2005.
She specialises in resolving complex commercial, construction and intellectual property disputes for businesses throughout New South Wales.
Felicity also represents claimants in relation to professional negligence claims against Lawyers, Accountants and other professionals.
She holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science from The University of Newcastle.
Superior Solution for Growing Businesses
Our virtual in-house counsel solution is a superior solution to the employment of actual in-house counsel in the following respects:
Access to Expertise
With our virtual in-house counsel solution your business will have access to a team of Senior Lawyers with separate niche expertise in relation to commercial, corporate and workplace law and litigation that can be utilised to provide advice and support as required from time to time.
Value for Money
Depending on their experience, the monthly salary for employed in-house counsel can range from about $5,800.00 to over $18,000.
Our monthly retainer fee is negotiated based on the anticipated level of legal support required from time to time. Our minimum retainer fee is only $2,000.00 per month plus GST.
Risk Free Trial
Trial our virtual in-house counsel solution risk free. If you are not satisfied with the results simply terminate the monthly retainer without risk of employee claims for unfair dismissal or liability for unpaid entitlements.
Save on Recruitment Fees
Avoid recruitment agency fees of finding an employed in-house counsel (15% to 18%). For an experienced in-house counsel your business will save approximately $23,000 to $40,000.00 and instead have access to a team of Senior Lawyers.
If your business already employs an in-house counsel, our Virtual In-House Counsel Legal Support & Advisory Solution may be the complementary option you need to give them access to specialist legal support when required whilst managing your additional legal spend.
We believe our Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory Services are most suited to established innovative businesses experiencing rapid growth and/or businesses undertaking a transformation or restructure associated with a change of ownership, merger or acquisition, change of laws, funding or insolvency event.
To truly partner with these businesses we have set limits the number of new Strategic Partner Clients accepted each year.
If you would like to apply to partner with our Enterprise Growth & Corporate Advisory Team to execute a strategic project or pursue ongoing and sustainable enterprise growth, click on the button below to arrange an initial discovery meeting or call and ask for Sam Roberts or Amanda Crosbie.