Let us take care of the details.
All businesses are different. Rarely does the real value exist in the plant and equipment. As such, sale of business transactions are more susceptible to ending up in expensive litigation if a buyer doesn’t feel that they got what they bargained for.
Our expert Commercial Lawyers will ensure that if you’re selling or buying a business all aspects of the deal are properly addressed so you can get on with business, retirement or your next venture sooner.
When Should You Seek Legal Advice?
In most cases it is best that you speak to one of our Commercial Lawyers with extensive experience in business purchases and sales about the proposed sale or purchase of business before or during negotiations with the other party.
We will help you identify matters that you may have overlooked and can then raise directly in the initial negotiations. This will save time and avoid complications by us not having to raise the matter in negotiations after a Heads of Agreement have been prepared.
Our Sale of Business Services
We can assist with:
- Preparing a Business for sale and identifying factors that will effect price,
- Non Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements,
- Pre-contractual negotiations and drafting Heads of Agreement, or Exclusivity Agreements,
- Drafting Business Sale Contracts and negotiations,
- Business Legal Due Diligence,
- Assignments of Lease or the Surrender and grants of a new Lease,
- Assignments of Franchise Agreements,
- Reasonable Restraints of Trade,
- Structuring Options for the purchaser entity,
- Transfers of Employees, Employment Contracts and Employee Entitlement Adjustments,
- Transfers of Business Names, Trade Marks, Intellectual Property, Domain Names,
- Transfers of Supplier Agreements and Licences,
- Business Debtors Adjustments,
- Loan & Security Agreements including Vendor Finance Agreements, and
- Option Agreements and Rights of First Refusal.